In the field of translational research, our central mission is to bridge the gap between scientific discovery and practical application, thereby improving human health and well-being. We are dedicated to upholding the highest standards of ethics, transparency, and integrity in our work, according to the following Code of Conduct:
- Conduct research with honesty, accuracy, and rigor, adhering to established ethical standards and best practices.
- Prioritise safety, welfare, and the highest quality of care in the translation of research findings to clinical practice.
- Respect and protect the rights, privacy, and confidentiality of research participants.
- Commit to lifelong learning, continuous improvement, and the responsible use of new technologies to advance the field.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Embrace diversity in the translational research community, recognising that diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences enhance the quality of research and its applications.
- Reject all forms of discrimination or bias, whether based on race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or any other characteristic.
- Strive to create inclusive research environments where all individuals can contribute to and benefit from the research process.
RESEARCH TRANSPARENCY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- Conduct research with transparency, openness, and a commitment to reproducibility, ensuring that research findings are accessible and understandable to the broader scientific community.
- Acknowledge and appropriately manage conflicts of interest, ensuring that they do not compromise the integrity of our research or its applications.
- Take responsibility for the ethical and responsible use of research outcomes and advocate for their translation in ways that benefit society.
COLLABORATION AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
- Foster collaboration and knowledge-sharing within the translational research community, promoting a culture of cooperation, innovation, and interdisciplinary work.
- Engage with the public to ensure that our research aligns with societal needs and values.
- Ensure that the commercialisation of research outcomes is conducted ethically, considering the potential impact on public health, and society.
- Hold ourselves accountable for our actions and decisions, seeking to learn from our mistakes and continually improve our work.
- Report and address unethical conduct, research misconduct, or breaches of ethical standards within the translational research community.
By adhering to this code of conduct, we aim to promote a culture of excellence, ethics, transparency, and inclusivity within the translational research industry, ultimately advancing the translation of scientific discoveries to the betterment of human health and society.